Unison Flatter than each Individual string?

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:47:47 -0600

Hi Joseph,

I have measured both the flatter and sharper effect (What I call the
"Virgil" effect). I'd really like a better explanation too.

At 01:49 PM 8/13/02 -0700, you wrote:
>I have seen the phenomenon of two/three strings being "flatter" then each,
>individually. And, I accept Dr. Sanderson's explanation of the reason for
>the effect, more or less. However, I have also seen a reverse phenomenon of
>the unison being "sharper" then the individual strings! Would someone like
>to advance a theory on this????
>Best Regards,
>Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
>
>I'm never lost, because everyone is telling me where to go. <G>

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca

http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.