Cleaning keys again

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:44:29 -0700 (PDT)

Obviously, the original intent of this discussion was
about removing finger-induced slime from keysides. But
why not bring in the issue of whole-key cleaning , as
that surely is relevant when one removes the keys for
cleaning the sides? And mice are a prevalent
contaminator.
     I play professionally, and I would not expect my
performance to be imapaired by the presence of a
non-absorbent coating on key sides. If others prefer
to relish sentimental notions about cosmetic
"originality", that's their prerogative.
      But from a strictly impartial, scientific
stance, would not a finished key be less prone to
dimensional fluctuation due to humidity changes? Less
likely to warp? Less likely to shed its keytop?
    Respectfully,
    Thump