TuneLab File

Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:23:14 +0200

Hi there Norman

Here is the file. When you use this remember its a generic
file tuning so the exact inhamonicity on any given piano may
not fit this perfectly. I suggest you start tuning at D3 and
go upwards chromatically. Listen to beat rates of 3rds, 4ths
and 5ths as you go upwards to A4. You can actually "see" the
beat rates of the 4ths below the note you are tuning (from
F#3) by playing the note below and watching the phase
display. It should show flat when you play the 4th below the
note you are tuning. 3rds and 5ths you will just have to
listen to.

Once you have the D3 to A4 range tuned then you can just
tune the rest. From A#4 to E6 I like to simply tune directly
to the 3rd partial of D#3 - A4. If you do this then just set
tunelab to D#3 and tune A#4 to that, then proceed
chromatically as before. You can proceed this way all the
way up if you like.

As far as the lowest bass is concerned... ie A1 to A0....
use your ear a bit... you may want the bass notes a hair
lower then pure 6:3 octave types.

Use the display to get you very close for each note... but
be sure to use your ears, check intervals and octaves as you
go note for note to make sure you are happy each time.

Good luck, and let me know how it comes out

Cheers !

RicB
A0  6 -5.97
A#0 6 -5.73