Voicing

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:43:42 -0400

In a message dated Wed, 14 Aug 2002 2:26:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:

> Hmmm?
> The one thing that has not been addressed with this thread is: Why did the
> customer play the piano before you were done with it? To just stuff the
> action in and ask the customer to play it, is inviting this type of dillema,
> IMHO. I always do all the fitting, regulation tweaking and minor voicing,
> before I let the customer play the piano.
> Just a thought.
> Best Regards,
>
> Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
>
> I'm never lost, because everyone is telling me where to go.
> <G>

Joe, I don't think we can come to the conclusion, "To just stuff the action in and ask the customer to play it, is inviting this type of dillema,".  I have had to run out to the car and get tools only to come back and find the customer sitting and playing the piano.  It's hard to guard the piano and we certainly can't forbid the owner from playing it.

David Koelzer
Vintage Pianos
DFW