More dip in bass

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:58:47 EDT

In a message dated 8/15/2002 1:03:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time, bigda@gte.net
writes:

> Subj:Re: More dip in bass
> Date:8/15/2002 1:03:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:bigda@gte.net">bigda@gte.net</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> > Use the after touch regulators
> >(capstans) to accomplish this. It's easier to touchup the after touch
> doing
> >it this way than futzing with paper punchings. JMHO.
> >    Dale
>
> Uhhhhhh......Dale.  What the hell are you talkin' about, boy? Have you
> been flushin' your Prozac again?
>
> Please explain the above for a mechanical idiot such as
> myself

            David
      Uhh whats prozac dude.  Actually that terminology is From Chris
Robinson. Think about it . Your working on a new Yamawai and it doesn't feel
like it has enough aftertouch ,the kachunck at the bottom of the key travel..
  Resetting the sunken hammer line/blow distance to spec.brings the after
touch back into tolerance ,don't it? If the dip/aftertouch was once set
acurately to a given blow distance this wil work. The same would be true on
the baldwin even if it has graduating key and action rations. Phil was
choosing to alter the dip,to accomadate the ratios,  I'd choose to alter the
hammer line and have the dip the same although I know I definitely don't like
a shallow feel in the bass either.
    Clear as mud?
   Dale