Flag poling Petrof pins?

Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:16:18 +0200

Hi there Robert.

Sounds familiar to me. Petrof tuning pins and blocks have
kind of a funny feel to them and have always been pretty
inconsistant.... and on the loose side. I replaced a split
plank a couple years back with some standard 30 ply material
and was appaled at what I took out. This was on a 6 footer
to be sure but still. The block was rather poorly fit as
well, tho tuning pin bushings are supposed to allow for
this.

Stability has always been a problem with Petrofs in my
experience, but the installation of a standard DC unit has
helped IMMENSLY !!! with the two we have at the University.
One is a 220 or so, and the other is a full sized concert.

High coils is also typical Petrof, and I just bang em in.
This makes tuning easier, tho I havent experienced that it
makes much difference to stability issues.

I have a wholllle lot of Petrof tunings under my belt.

Ricb