Accutuner battery

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 21:44:46 -0600

Hi Dick,

The older SAT's have a battery on the motherboard as well as a capacitor to
retain the memory. If these fail you will not just loose your tunings you
will loose the programing--i.e. you will have an expensive piece of plastic
until it is sent to Inventronics for reprogramming. It is needful to turn
on your SAT once per month when not in use to recharge the capacitor. Older
SAT's also must not be left connected to the charger unless the charger is
plugged into a power source--it will drain the batteries and the capacitor
as well. (ask me how I know? *grin*)

The case is held together by plastic rivets. Simply gently push the "core"
into the case and then remove them. Find all the cores for reinstallation.

I would take the same precautions against static as I would with any other
computer based device. Make sure you don't "zap" your motherboard.

At 08:03 PM 8/15/02 EDT, you wrote:
>My SAT battery seems to be on the way out.  I remember reading in the list
>about buying a replacement at Radio Shack.  I don't have any problem with
the
>electronics of installation but was wondering if there is a convenient way
of
>avoiding losing all the stored tunings I have.
>
>Thanks
>
>Dick Day
>Marshall MI

Regards,