More Advice Sought for 100+ Year Old Bechstein

wings116 wings116@attbi.com
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 11:45:23 -0600

It's still possible to remove all three legs without tipping the piano.  =
I once put a truck (spider) on a C6 without any help at all, except for =
a cheap hydrolic jack, a couple of 4x4's, and two very well built saw =
horses. (It did take longer!) If you have the help of a couple of strong =
backs to call on for a few minutes at a time, two sturdy saw horses (or =
other strong supports of the proper height), would make an easy job of =
working on all three legs at the same time.

John Miller
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Billbrpt@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 6:57 AM
  Subject: Re: More Advice Sought for 100+ Year Old Bechstein

  In a message dated 8/14/02 7:46:12 AM Central Daylight Time, =
kpiano@goldrush.com (Keith Roberts)1 writes:=20

    the $20 wal-mart hydraulic floor jack on. Cheap help...=20

  I do appreciate the suggestion of simply handling one leg at a time, =
however.  It had occurred to me and I think it will end up being the =
best way to do the job.  I thought that possibly, having all legs off at =
once would be better because once I had my epoxy mixed, I could pour it =
all at once but of course, I could just mix a little at a time.=20

  Bill Bremmer RPT=20
  Madison, Wisconsin=20
  Click here: -=3Dw w w . b i l l b r e m m e r . c o m =3D-=20