E.T.D.

Brian Doepke doepke@fwi.com
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 08:34:15 -0500

Thanks Devlon,

But as a tool to tune the middle of the piano..is it worthwhile??  I have a
mentor who has been wonderful in teaching me what to listen for when aural
tuning.  Could the PT100 be used in the middle section and then be shut off
as I continue to tune by ear???

Brian Doepke
doepke@fwi.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of BSHARPTUNE@AOL.COM
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2002 8:02 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: E.T.D.

Brian,  I have owned a PT-100 for a long time.  I bought one before I really
understood inharmonicity and how to tune a piano.  The PT-100 is almost
useless as an ETD.  It has pitch curves that only match 6 Yamaha pianos
which
I think are all slightly narrow on the bass side.  It's only use now is to
chip pianos.

Devlon