"Whats it Worth?"

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 08:50:24 -0500

>... She asked if I could tell her what her piano is worth...Weber
>grand, model wg-51, serial number 025722, She says she paid around
>20,000.00 around 18 years ago.I told her I wanted to consult with
>some of my peers and mentors and I'd get back to her. It is in near
>mint condition!  Any advice...anyone?? Thanks Jon Van Buren

Jon, List,

It's hard to imagine that model costing that much back then, more
like around $7000, probably less. That same model currently lists in
the zone of $13,500 give or take.

Also, it might be in very nice condition, but near mint, unlikely.

As to its worth, an on-site inspection by someone who does a lot of
buying and selling pianos would be advisable to make that
determination.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician