jack hitting h.flange

Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:21:51 -0700

Is the piano regulated properly?  Is there excessive dip on these notes? =
 Is the blow too short?  Is the spread correct?  All these things can =
contribute to too much jack travel.   Need more data.

David Love

----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@AOL.COM=20
  To: caut@ptg.org ; Pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: August 19, 2002 8:02 AM
  Subject: jack hitting h.flange

  I regulated a B Friday, and now there are about 3 or 4 notes in the =
octave just above the break where the jack is hitting the hammer flange =
on a hard blow.  Upon close inspection, when I bring the wippen up, I =
can make the top of the jack touch the bottom of the hammer flange on =
some of the notes, but not on others. I can't seem to figure out why it =
is doing it. What makes the jack stop it's upward motion when the wippen =
is pushed up?=20

  Wim=20