Synchrotone Bass Strings

Paul Chick (EarthLink) tune4@earthlink.net
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:40:52 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: John W. Peterson=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 11:27 AM
  Subject: Re: Synchrotone Bass Strings

  Hi Paul.

  I have a book called " Piano Tone Building, Proceedings of the Piano =
Technicians Conference, Chicago 1916, 1917, 1918 New York 1919", by the =
"Acoustic Department, American Steel and Wire Co."
  Vols. 1 and 2. (a single book).

  If you like history, this is an amazing text.  I've always liked the =
sound of iron-wound strings.

  Have a good day.
  jp

  John Peterson, Associate Member

  Peterson Piano Service
  Raleigh, North Carolina
  pianotuner@bellsouth.net
  http://personal.rdu.bellsouth.net/~johnwp49

  John
  Thanks for the reply and heads up on the books. I do have copies and =
never thought to look; and I recall the section on bass strings.  =
Hopefully more will reply with additional information.  I'm working on a =
presentation covering bass strings and want to include some history as =
well as current thinking.

  Paul Chick