Piano Replacement Insurance

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:20:14 EDT

In a message dated 8/20/02 7:29:46 AM Central Daylight Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> This dude bought an old upright for a few hundred bucks, it got hit by a
> tree, and now he has ordered a new Mason & Hamlin 50 upright piano as the
> replacement. I can word a statement very carefully and put in the
> appropriate disclaimers, but still I feel less than comfortable doing
> anything with this situation. I don't know that anything illegal is going
> on here, but boy, it sure doesn't feel very good.........  Any thoughts?
>
> Terry Farrell

That's an insurance company problem. Just write that the piano is a total
loss, and let it go. There are too many other problems we need to deal with.
Perhaps it is not ethical, but, again, that is the insurance company's
problem, not yours. Maybe I'm sounding harsh, but with what ll of us have to
pay for insurance, this is one way we can get some of out money back. Don't
complain too much, because the next time it might be you who needs to get a
new couch to replace the 30 year old one the elephant walked on. :)

Wim