More advice Re: Gray market Yamaha

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:05:47 EDT

In a message dated 20/08/02 7:22:43 AM, cedel@supernet.com writes:

<< "A client ordered a new C2 to replace a 1964 G5 gray market grand.  What
should I recommend he do with the G5?">>
 Whatever he wants to do with it.

<<"We know Yamaha doesn't support
them.">>
And your point is?  Parts for this thingee are readily available from other
sources so this 'non-support' is mostly
meaningless...........................

 <<"What's it worth?">>
Your local market dictates this. Your information was too sparse to even
guess at a value other than as a carcass.

<<"Should I let any other clients know it's for
sale? ">>
Why not? Just be sure that you include any needful caveats as to current
condition and needed work, etc......

 As a personal matter I really like the older G-5s.......... they normally
have a tonal quality that is quite pleasing to my ear and there is no lack of
power for most uses........ Re-whatevered this G5 thingee is really a
keeper..but that is just my opinion.
Jim Bryant (FL)