Piano Replacement Insurance

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 09:33:07 -0700

6 months ago some kids threw a golf ball through our upstairs bedroom window.  I called my insurance agent at Farmers and reported it.  He asked if I'd like it boarded up for the night before they replaced it, all part of the coverage..."sure", I said.  Sometime later I got a copy of the bill sent to my insurance by the window guys...$800.  Now granted these guys came right out and did the work, but that same way to high!  I sent a copy to my insurance guy, he said he'd look into it.  I just got my annual fire insurance bill.  My rates have gone up from $448 to $738, which includes a three year charge for the broken window...This is the only claim I've had in 10 years or so of coverage by Farmers.  Thanks, Farmers...Thanks Farmers insurance agent...
I've been checking around and the insurance companies seem to have some price fixing going on...All were in the same ballpark for coverage...$660 or so.  So...I'll probably stay with Strongarmers...
David I.

From: <Wimblees@AOL.COM>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: Piano Replacement Insurance

In a message dated 8/20/02 7:29:46 AM Central Daylight Time, mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

This dude bought an old upright for a few hundred bucks, it got hit by a tree, and now he has ordered a new Mason & Hamlin 50 upri

Terry Farrell

That's an insurance company problem. Just write that the piano is a total loss, and let it go. There are too many other problems we need to deal with. Perhaps it is not ethical, but, again, that is the insurance company's problem, not yours. Maybe I'm

Wim