Inharmonicity

Wed, 21 Aug 2002 00:20:12 +0200

Hi folks.

Been looking at some numbers and running them through excell
and have come up with the following which I want to confirm
or de-confirm as it were with those of you who have this
stuff down pat.

Given the following notes and <<usual>> inharmonicity
constants for them the spread of the partials if you match
the lowest coincident for each successive note should look
more or less like this in ascii art.... Or it shouldnt :) ie
I am out to lunch again...grin.

Numbers denote partials and the farther to the right the
higher the frequency.

A3) 1    2          4           6           8
12               16

A4)       1       2         3          4
6                   8

A5)                1                2
3                 4

A6)                                  1
2

Is this more or less right or do I have the darn thing
backwards ?

Thanks

RicB