Action for Sherlock-Manning Vertical

Mike and Jane Spalding mjbkspal@execpc.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 18:10:46 -0500

List,

Sherlock-Manning manufactured pianos in London, Ontario until 1988.  Pierce says that in the mid-90's the name and some inventory were sold, but does not say to whom.  When the company folded, a retailer friend of mine got stuck with two vertical pianos with no keyboards or actions.  Apparently S-M was buying keyboards and actions from Prat-Win, in a configuration that was also used in one of Baldwin's verticals.  We would like to complete the assembly of these pianos, so I'm looking for some leads on the missing parts.  Specific questions that come to mind:  which Baldwin model uses an identical keyboard/action?  Who's got the old S-M inventory, and does it include the parts we need?  Who would be a good contact at Prat-Win, or at Baldwin, to try to run this down?

thanks in advance, all you old-timers with good memories.

Mike Spalding, RPT