Pitch Raises ... Multiple Passes?

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 06:59:26 -0600

Humm,
Have not found out how to use that function yet. I will look for it soon and
report back.

Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 6:14 AM
Subject: Re: Pitch Raises ... Multiple Passes?

> I Joe. I was also going to ask why you use the SAT for pitch raises when
you have a Verituner. Are you aware that all three overpull percentages are
user-designatable (is that a word?)? Also, you can set the pitch raise mode
screen to narrow (shows down to 25 cents flat), medium (shows down to 50
cents flat), and wide (shows down to 100 cents flat). That covers everything
for me as I like to use more than one pitch raise pass to raise pitch more
than 100 cents.

> Terry Farrell

too far, often 10 to 15 cents above where I want it to be when finished.
> The verituner has a program of 10% for the bass that gets the bass right
on the money give or take a cent. But the reason that I do not use the
verituner on raises of over is the view of the targets is not as easy for me
to work with not the program.
> For me just setting the SAT is easier with fooling the program to give me
the over pull that I want and then letting the little green lights do the
job. Yes I said green <G>
> Joe Goss
> imatunr@srvinet.com
> www.mothergoosetools.com

twenty percent over-pull. Perhaps our methods differ; during a pitch raise,
I tune the single bass strings and one string of each bi-chord first, then I
pull out the strip and tune unisons by ear.  I'm also tuning the bass first,
ala Sanderson. When I do a pitch raise, I do it with a SAT (Gets you real
close, real fast), so I do the bass first. I can understand the 10% overpull
thing only if I've already brought the rest of the piano up first.
>       Please clarify.

three cents sharp ( about 10% ) of pitch. So with a SATlll that raises the
pitch 25%  that would result in too much over pull for me so I will set the
over pull for 12 cents and roll the program into the machine.
>     I take only one measurement at A2 to arrive at my over pull. Works
very well for me.
>     I use the 25% in the tenor and about C4 the 30% to the top then
retune.
>     On pianos 25% or less flat or sharp I use the Verituner 100 and its
10% bass, 30% tenor,
>     and 36% treble and retune.
>     Joe Goss
>     imatunr@srvinet.com
>     www.mothergoosetools.com

a piano and want to do a 20% overpull in the bass, and it's, say, 28 cent's
flat. (let's see, one fifth of twenty eight would be ......... ah........