Walter purchases Langer Actions

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 20:38:05 EDT

In a message dated 8/23/02 7:10:44 PM Central Daylight Time,
LarryinAtlanta@AOL.COM writes:

> I hope that explains the reason the post was written the way

Thanks for your response, Larry.  The whole thing seems pretty funny,
actually.  I am always interested in Piano Industry news and often post
stories I pick up on.  I admit I was fooled by your post.  I often read very
quickly, *scanning* more than reading every word carefully.  While this gets
through a lot of material, I can easily fall for someone's ruse this way.

Not too long ago, there was this guy from my town, the guy with a "shoeshine
and a smile"  (Arthur Miller) who came on here to "inform" us that Yamaha had
the customer service plan that was the "best in the industry".  Yeah, right,
the good ol' Yamaha Service Bond.  To the utter anguish of those few who
really take that seriously, we all know that it is hardly ever done but
provides the sales people with some convincing sounding baloney they can
offer to the suckers who come in shopping for a nice "furniture piano" (as
that company has written on the side of it's truck).

I have a genuine interest in Walter Pianos because I own one myself, work for
a Walter dealer and recommend them to many people.  I had not heard the news
about Walter's purchase of Langer but had heard of that company being in
trouble and was wondering what Walter would do.

I'm glad you're a Walter dealer, Larry.  I'm sure you're as confident as
anyone could be that it is the highest quality piano available in its class.
One of the best improvements the company made was to incorporate the Langer
action (it used to be Pratt Read).  I have noted that of the few small
vertical pianos which really impress me with their quality, the Alfred Knight
also uses this action.

For anyone interested, Walter now has a well done website in which you can
take a virtual tour of the factory.

http://www.walterpiano.com/

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin