Walter purchases Langer Actions

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 09:00:04 -0700

As I said, sure fooled me. Have you ever considered a career in =
marketing? This sort of writing should get you far in at least one =
industry I can think of....

Nicely done.

Del

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: LarryinAtlanta@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: August 23, 2002 3:27 PM
  Subject: Re: Walter purchases Langer Actions

  I guess I need to give everyone the background on this. The fact that =
Walter bought Langer is true of course. That said, the rest of it was =
written to make a point on another messageboard. That board had just =
gone through a siege if you will, of a couple of Young Chang salesmen =
trying to claim YC pianos were "hand built", comparing them to Steinway =
because JP used to work at Steinway, etc. Every post they wrote read =
just as warped as the one quoted above that I wrote. One salesman in =
particular was extremely slick at wording statements very subtley to =
make the reader draw conclusions he wanted but without ever actually =
saying it, just implying things that caused a leap of logic, such as the =
one in my post quoted above that was designed to make the uninformed =
reader assume that Bosendorfer used Langer actions. His constant posting =
of slanted and incorrect information was causing great confusion among =
the members of the board, mostly made up of people shopping for a piano =
trying! to find information.

  The post I wrote quoted above was done to show those uninformed =
readers just how misleading sales spin can be written, or said on the =
sales floor. It was written to read about this issue in the style the YC =
was being presented to them by the other salesman. Mr, Bremmer didn't =
copy the post right after that one where it was explained to the readers =
how to decipher the sales spin in the post, and where the true facts =
were given. I don't fault him for that, but I felt I must explain it so =
no one here, in the absense of the context in which it was written being =
included also, will think I meant any of that stuff. I am fully aware =
that it was all pure spin, lies, and misrepresentations. That was the =
point. By doing it this way, and then in the very next post explaining =
where the spin and incorrect information is in the post, readers of that =
board learned a little about the kind of spin they were being fed. And =
yes, I know about all those makers Del, and that the statement in the =
la! st sentence was a blatant lie.=20

  I hope that explains the reason the post was written the way it was.

  Larry Fletcher
  Atlanta Chapter