Soundboards ... Seriously

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 11:15:39 -0500

At 08:10 AM 8/25/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>YES!!!!! Use "Duravar" from M.L. Campbell. This is a
>bowling alley, 2-part varnish, VERY hard!

> > >Has anyone you know of experimented with a
> > different, impervious material
> > >for soundboards or a sealing technique that would
> > take a lot of the
> > >humidity factor out of pitch stability?
> > >
> > >Alan Barnard

Did either of you guys read Del's Journal articles on epoxying soundboards?
It isn't intended as an applied dimensional stabilizer, but rather as a
"last hope" stiffener to make the soundboard more nearly functional when
there's just no way it is going to be replaced. I don't know what the long
term effects are on tuning stability, but it works admirably as a stiffener.

Ron N