silicone lube

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 06:44:27 -0500

>I haven't known any better till now - I have been using regular ole Naptha
>for a couple of years..no gum to report..but how long does it take until you
>see the gum?...Ron? Remember, this is a humid atmosphere down here
>year-round..

I don't know that you ever will, just that with the VM&P, you won't. Your
regular ol' naphtha may not be the same as someone else's regular ol'
naphtha but VM&P is supposedly more narrowly defined. This may be a big
deal about nothing, since I assume anything that silicone will mix with
will work fine as the vehicle if the solvent evaporates out without leaving
anything detrimental. VM&P has just been the proven solvent for a long time.

Ron N