12ths tuning

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:56:40 +0200

Thanks Jim for the encouraging words.  You have given me lots of good
advice and hints about places to look for info and in general all sorts
of help these past few years, and perhaps just a few lights are going on
as a result. Great fun indeed to learn some new things about what we can
do with tunings. Thanks muchly for being you.

RicB

I just posted another generic file for this tuning, with a stretched
bass as an example of how you can use 12th types to manipulate the
stretch.  I get the feeling that 12ths and their types could in the end
be just as easily employed as Octave types (if not more easily as there
are only 3 relevant types) to set the curve of a tunning. Also, holding
one interval type essentialy beatless over such a large range of the
piano simplifies things greatly. In anycase... it will be fun and
instructive to see just how much I can refine the tuning. I hope some of
you try out the idea and contribute with your thoughts and ideas as to
that refinement.

Cheers

RicB

--