pianotech-digest V2002 #1383

Vanderhoofven dkvander@joplin.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:58:12 -0500

Dear David,

I highly recommend the "6 degrees" cd.  You can get it from Gasparo.com, or=
=20
directly from our own Ed Foote.

Here is a copy of a post I made to this list on 3/6/02 with the information=
=20
you need.

In addition to the CD's listed below, let me also recommend another=20
recording, done by our own Tim Farley, of Farley's House of Pianos.  The CD=
=20
is "Radoslav Kvapil Plays Frederic Chopin".  The tuning is in the=20
temperament of Jean-Baptiste Rameau.  The voicing and action regulation was=
=20
done by Tim Farley, and the tuning was done by Master Tuner  Daniel=20
Eberhardy.  The web page is www.farleyspianos.com.  I believe that Tim=20
Farley has other CD's available as well.

Ed Foote has two professional CD recordings with a concert artist (Enid=20
Katahn) playing solo piano.  "Beethoven in the Temperaments" and "6 Degrees=
=20
of Tonality".

http://www.gasparo.com/  has "6 Degrees of Tonality" featured on the main=20
web page, and also here.  http://www.gasparo.com/NewFiles/sixdegrees.html

http://www.gasparo.com/NewFiles/catalog.html is a page which lists the=20
entire catalog of Gasparo.  Halfway down the page, there is a listing for=20
Ed Foote's recordings.

332: Beethoven Sonatas: Historical Tunings on the modern concert grand. Op.=
=20
13, c, "Pathetique"; Op. 14/1, E; Op. 27/2, c#, "Moonlight"; Op. 53, C,=20
"Waldstein" =97 Katahn, piano

344: Six Degrees of Tonality. Scarlatti: Son, D, K96; Mozart: Fantasie, d,=
=20
K385g [in 3 different temperaments]; Haydn: Son, Eb, XVI/49; Beethoven:=20
Son, Ab, Op. 110; Chopin: Fantasie-Impromptu; Grieg: Glockengelaute. 6=20
different temperaments on the modern concert grand - Katahn, piano.

You MUST get these CD's.  I have had my two copies out on perpetual loan to=
=20
a series of music teachers and pianists since I received them so I will=20
need to order another copy for myself!

I have an audio cassette recording of a concert I tuned for using the Equal=
=20
Beating Victorian Temperament ala Bill Bremmer, but this recording is for=20
personal use only.

Does anyone else have recordings that are not in ET?

Sincerely,

David A. Vanderhoofven
Joplin, MO