Phil Romano and Yamaha--OT

philromano@attglobal.net philromano@attglobal.net
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:09:36 -0400

Oh that was supposed to be published last year. I think they may have =
waited to coincide with Sakamoto's current tour to support the album. =
There was a picture (taken by me) of Sakamoto playing Jobim's C-7 but I =
guess they didn't want to show the terribly yellowed ivorite keytops!

If anyone gets tthe chance,   go see Ryuichi Sakamoto (piano) and =
Jacques (cello) and Paula Morelenbaum (voice) performing the music of =
Antonio Carlos Jobim. Fantastic sound! Tom Servinsky will be the tech on =
the tour.

Phil Romano
Myrtle Beach, SC
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: JStan40@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 8:35 PM
  Subject: Re: Phil Romano and Yamaha--OT=20

  In a message dated 8/28/2002 10:17:36 AM Central Standard Time, =
owner-pianotech-digest@ptg.org writes:

    Uh, I haven't seen that. Fill me in please.

    Phil Romano
    Myrtle Beach, SC

  Sure, Phil!  Sorry, I thought they might have sent it to you already.  =
It's in the summer 2002 copy of Accent, in an article called =
"Globetrotting with Sakamoto," in which you are quoted as follows: "It =
was a great honor to work with Ryuichi on this project.  Despite the =
tropical climate, Jobim's C7 responded extremely well during the =
recording.  It still sounds great after all these years." =20

  The last paragraph reads:

  Romano, an alumnus of Yamaha's Little Red Schoolhouse and the Yamaha =
Disklavier Service Seminar, operates Romano Piano Service, Myrtle Beach =
SC.

  But no picture!  How'd they get away with THAT?

  Stan Ryberg
  Barrington IL 60010
  Associate Member
  mailto:jstan40@aol.com=20