EBVT (was HT's) (was: Re: May the 4ths be with you)

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:16:56 EDT

In a message dated 8/29/02 8:53:24 AM Central Daylight Time, bigda@gte.net
(David Andersen) writes:

> Let's keep in touch.  If we can meet in LA, I'll invite you to teach me
> and show me what you're excited about on a truly great piano.  That would
> be my true pleasure.

I am tentatively planning to be in Los Angeles the week between Christmas and
New Years.  Some other local techs have written to me of their interest based
on the content of my website.  They have also heard of you.  Also, Terry
Peterson who writes on this list lives near where I grew up and where my
mother still lives and has said he would like to meet with me.  We may all be
able to get together.

I am pleased that you are interested.  You should try to tune the EBVT
according to the steps published in my website (although I need to update
those to make them easier to follow).  The changes I would make would not
change the temperament itself,  just the ease of understanding and following
them.  They seem so easy for me but many people seem to be completely
confused by them and immediately seek a way to do it electronically which has
not yet been confirmed.

I'd like to see you report that you have tried the EBVT on some pianos and
what your and your customers reactions are.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin