Tuning Pin Length?

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:07:55 -0700 (PDT)

If you wanted a quick way to seal drilled -
all-the-way-through pinblocks from moisture infusion,
I would recommend taping the underside with aluminum
duct tape, covering the whole exposed expanse. 100%
waterproof, and probably never fall off, as this stuff
is practically impossible to remove once stuck. I put
it on upright pinblocks, under the lid, as humidity
changes seems to loosen the pins right above the bass
break where they are closest to the pinblock top.
Might aid tuning stability, too.
     Gordon Stelter