Foundry Castings

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 14:21:59 -0500

>That being said.... God would it be nice to see the day this could once again
>happen. That people actually would take the time to find out enough about
>what an
>instrument really is, all what constitutes a really good one,

It was my impression that is what some of us are trying to do.

>that a true master
>builder in the old world sense of the world could flourish making his /
>hers 2 - 3
>instruments a year.

No, not an old world master - hopefully a modern day student and craftsman
with a better understanding of how things actually work than was available
to previous generations. The whole idea, as far as I'm concerned, is to get
away from the mythology and mystique of the old world master and learn
something for ourselves.

Ron N