Temp. comparisons:

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:45:24 EDT

In a message dated 8/30/02 1:31:54 PM Central Daylight Time,
ilvey@sbcglobal.net (David Ilvedson) writes:

> I would hazard a guess:  musicians in general are used to playing on out of
> tune pianos...poor unisons is what they usually hear, not all those reverse
> well tunings.  This is a fact of life with the piano.  It doesn't stay in
> tune as well as we would like and it costs $ to tune, so people don't tune
> .

I would agree with this.  People have literally learned *not* to listen too
carefully. This should not be a reason for being sloppy or imprecise,
however.  Good quality does shine through whether it is perceived consciously
or not.  While there are these very few, exceptional people with keen
perception, most customers have a margin of tolerance within which a truly
musical tuning will fit.  That's the basis upon which I work.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin