Loup City

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 13:18:01 +0200

Richard Moody wrote:

> I had a pedal dump truck that got ran over because I left it in
> the driveway.
> My Dad backed over it with a 49 Kaiser he got somewhere for $150.
> This was in '59.    I wish we still had both.  I bet that pedal
> dump truck would be worth more than the Kaiser today.

Thats a distinct possibility :) Tho a 49 Kaiser in mint condition in
this part of the world would fetch a pretty penny.

>     So what was your father doing in Loup City and then Lincoln
> and how did you end up in Norway?   Lemme guess... mining
> engineer..or cattle rancher....?

Whoa der Trigger!!  You are way off ... he was a presbyterian
minister. We moved to Buffalo after Lincoln, and then out to Whitefish
Montana where I was until my senior year in high school. I did that at
Pala Alto California, right across the street from Stanford
University.

Norway came later... in 1981. I met this Norwegian gal in Tahitti and
well one thing led to another if you ge my meaning.

>     ---ric  (the 'c' stands for curious)
>
> ps
> Lincoln is where the University of Nebraska is, home of the Corn
> Huskers, national college football champions a few times in recent
> years and they have a well regarded music school.

Dont I know it !  I have a brother that is an absolute fanatic bit
time about the Huskers football team. He lives and dies for them, has
lost 2 wives because of it... He's one of these guys that spends his
years savings traveling around to the BIG GAME .... Last year (or
perhaps the year before) it was Neb at  Notre Dame. He lives in Greely
Col so its a long trip. His life long dream is to be able to get to
see Nebraska clobber Florida State in one of the three big bowl games
for the national championship. He doesnt like Florida State much...
that is to say he likes that they are a great team so that he can not
like them for it... go figure... grin. But he's my brother and I
love'm for it.

Myself... I gotta admit I have gotten more into soccer these past
years, tho I do keep my eyes on baseball scores a bit. Was really
disapointed with Seattles exit from the playoffs last year.... those
damned Yankees anyways... :)

Cheers !

RicB

--