Humidistat Accuracy

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 08:49:08 +0100

Dave,

I don't understand why a high end hygrometer could be only given for
7%. I have the kind of tool sold as that and it is said 5% (and a not
so expensive one may be)

But indeed a psychrometer is not expensive and more accurate.

I bet accuracy is not the good world when it comes to hygrometers
actually, because of the relation between temperature and humidity
reading.

Are you sure of the plugging ?

I believe it is possible to the damp chaser to be reasonably working ,
may be not at 42 % particularly if the place is very dry or very
humid, but you describe a situation where nothing really works. I'd
suggest that the damping elements may be not enough to act, may be the
opening of the hygrometer is dirty, or misplaced. I understand there
is some latency between the heating humidifier works and between the
drying rods works. Can't remember why in regard of the official
explanations.

Id think the systems are prerequisites in a very humid situation, but
I don't believe much in the moisting part, and they probably only cut
high ends anyway

 I would send them back to the dealer for "calibration" the units.

in a 75-80% situation, I installed a 3 rods system this spring, and it
seem to do its job fine after a few hours.
Did not see the actual results, I will in a few weeks.

Let us know what it gives please.

Regards.

Isaac OLEG