piano at outside wall

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 08:16:49 +0100

I've find the problem often is not the wall itself , but the openings in it
and the air flow on the soundboard.

Being on the wall is more humid generally, this is rarely really bad from
what I've seen. More temperature drift, but not a so big concern I believe
than having a piano in direct sun for instance. sometime too much
condensation of course, then I,see no isolation that could work for the long
time.

Regards

Isaac OLEG

-----Message d'origine-----
De : pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]De la part
de carpthos
Envoyé : lundi 2 décembre 2002 07:57
À : List PTG
Objet : piano at outside wall

  Dear list,
      can you give  some suggestions for a customer`s following inquiry:
              - in a 20 year old home she needs to put her piano on an
outside wall (she doesn`t know if the home has inside and outside moisture
barrier but says it has insulation).
          - her question is:  - is there some type of buffer that can
located between the piano and the outside wall to compensate for the piano
having to be placed there?  e.g.- plywood

                        - cloth

                        - plastic
  thanks in advance,
  Tom Carpenter