Humidistat Accuracy

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Mon, 02 Dec 2002 21:15:24 -0600

Hi Terry,

D.C. does suggest that the humidistat be placed as close to the sound board
as possible. I don't ever run into a situation where I do a "rods only"
install, so obviously I have little expertise in that area. In my regular
full system installs I tend to get the controller within 1/4 inch of the
sound board (or closer if I can). I would tend to use a bottom cover in
your situation however, and drop the number of rods down.

Terry how far from the controller to the "nearest" rod?

Long shots follow:

1. I hate to say it--but....is it plugged in the "right way"? *grin*.

2. Is it possible that the controller you are using was once used to
control the room dehumidifier you mentioned? It's possible it is damaged.

At 09:40 PM 12/2/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Boston GP-178 grand. No bottom cover. Six rods totalling 195 watts. Top of
humidistat is 2" below soundboard panel. No humidifier (room never gets
below 40% RH. No light kind. Left probe on humidistat for 20 minutes or so
- plenty of time for full equalization No, I am not aware of barometric
pressure influence on RH.

>Checked RH this evening. Right at 58% RH. Rods stone cold.
>
>Terry Farrell

Regards,
Don Rose, B.Mus., A.M.U.S., A.MUS., R.M.T., R.P.T. Tuner for the Center of
the Arts

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca

http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.