Tuning levers

Charles E. Faulk cfaulk2@juno.com
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 20:31:29 -0600

Ron,

I've done a lot of study on the different MOE's of titanium vs steel.
It's true that titanium is slightly more elastic than steel; but, with a
10" or 11" lever, I think the real question should be, So what? All
metals deflect to some extent.  My own personal opinion is that this
business of flexation is highly overrated. However I'd like to hear from
other techs and hear if flexation has ever been a problem while tuning
(other than with extension hammers).

Charles Faulk