self-tuning piano?

Thu, 05 Dec 2002 23:16:20 +0100

Kent Swafford wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 4, 2002, at 09:00  PM, pianolover 88 wrote:
>
> > Sounds like this guy is "infultrating" the PTG in order to gain as
> > much "inside" knowledge as posiible to help him PUT US OUT OF
> > BUSINESS! I know that isn't likely, at least not in the near future,
> > but that's the plan, right; to make us OBSOLETE.
> >
> > Terry Peterson

Well Terry, if this doesnt, you can be sure something else will, and really
that writing has been on the wall ever since the first tuning devices were
released all those years ago. Sooner or later technology will redundicate
at least 80 % of our work one way or the other, leaving whats left for the
few who are able to provide such a high level of compentency in all aspects
of piano work that they can make a living on whats left of the industry.

But personally, I gotta figure this self tuning instrument to be ultimately
doomed.... it just doesnt have enough attractives over other coming
tecnologies to make it wash in the end.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.