rear string lengths

Thu, 5 Dec 2002 23:48:50 -0800

Re: rear string lengths
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Love=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: December 05, 2002 10:00 PM
  Subject: Re: rear string lengths

  So what would be your typical string deflection angle in the treble =
and tenor sections, and how much would you back it off in a short, =
tuned, backscale as one would find in an S&S?

  David Love

  With an original board? Depends on its condition. If the original =
board is in good enough condition to be restringing without replacing =
about 0.5=BA through the tenor up to about 1.0=BA at the top. This is =
also how I set up the most recent epoxy-coated soundboard we're just now =
finishing up.

  What we do with our new boards is not applicable to anyone else's =
boards. We use a whole lot of crown and expect to bend it down quite a =
bit.

  Del