Dampp-Chaser SHB crud

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 06 Dec 2002 12:03:51 -0500

John,

It almost sounds like you service only one water tank that *doesn't* have the
SHB.  I think you can't make an accurate comparison that way.  It is possible
that the buildup you mention has more to do with the water than the sensor
wires.  If you had at least six or so of each, and noticed that on every SHB
there is lots of buildup and every plain bar had little or none, then you have
more of a basis for reaching an accurate conclusion.

I don't know about the water in your state, but in this county the mineral
content can vary a lot.  You want to be sure you don't blame the SHB if the real
culprit is the water.  I have a couple clients who use only distilled water.
The pads last a *lot* longer!

Regards,
Clyde