75% r.h. Terry's problem - a possibility

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 20:00:58 +0100

I just checked today a system I installed
 this summer, and I noticed that the rods where not warming before 65%
r.h. (3 rods + a controller)
I scratched my head, give some moisture to the controller to check it
(it worked), and finally noticed that the controller was developing
enough heat on it's right side to disturb the h.r. analysis.
As the controller itself is in a drier environment, the r.h. may be
high for it to react.

BUT :
on this system, the humidification part was totally unnecessary (as
for Terry's system), and, as I did not have a "dry only" system at
hand, I made a partial install.
As a result, the "water" and the "pads" lights are always blinking and
on.
These, plus the "power" light, are dissipating enough energy together
to warm the electric wire, and the controller, and this make the RH
control less efficient.

I tried to order a "dehumidifier only" system to replace the
controller, but something went wrong, so I could not change it yet.
Are these systems available ?
Do you check if the controller is warm on your system ?
Possibly having too much rods on a controller make it warm too.

I guess that then having the controller very near the soundboard makes
a little dry place for it, and it act only at higher r h levels.

Just a few thoughts.

Best Regards.

Isaac OLEG

Regards,
Don Rose, B.Mus., A.M.U.S., A.MUS., R.M.T., R.P.T. Tuner for the
Center of
the Arts

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca

http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/