Dampp-Chaser SHB crud

Fri, 06 Dec 2002 20:08:23 +0100

Clyde Hollinger wrote:

> Ric,
>
> I would think yours is a rather unusual situation.  I can see why you prefer the
> "digital" gauge.  You don't have to worry that a light will start blinking the day
> after you visit the pianos.
>
> As to the dependability of the low water warning light, I haven't had any problem
> with their dependability.  Have you?

Actually, yes and not just a little either. I've had to send back 3 humidistat
assemblies so far as the darn things simply stop working. And I have also noticed that
you have to be carefull to make sure the sensor is at the same depth on each new unit
you get in. Tho i cant remember ever seeing anything in the installation papers about
this, the tubes seem to be clamped to the mounting bracket at different lengths from
unit to unit. Causes a certain inconsistancy in apparent water level.

No... I should like to just see a plexiglass vial mounted on the side at the appropriate
height and with appropriate markings with a connecting water tube so as to be able to
see exactly how much water is in the unit.

Thats just me I guess..

Cheers!

RicB

--