One Good Condemnation

Sat, 07 Dec 2002 10:46:53 -0600

At 06:56 12/07/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>No, I am referring to 1920's Haines grands, such as
>those which housed the numerous Ampico systems I have
>restored. Excepting the proclivity for cracked plate
>struts, they are very nice instruments. Have you not
>played on any of these?
>
>      Thump

Just for sympathy...  the Haines I'll be seeing in a week or so is a 1931
vintage 4' 7" fetal grand which, as I recall, has no backposts, no keybed
(metal framing suffices) and the music rack is firmly affixed to lid (a la
later kimball la petite).  I don't recall if it even has a fallboard. Some
bass tuning pins don't even pretend to hold.
Conrad Hoffsommer
then used against you.