BaldwinSF-10

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 20:53:39 EST

In a message dated 12/8/2002 3:50:52 PM Pacific Standard Time, B214cm@aol.com
writes:

> Subj: BaldwinSF-10
>  Date: 12/8/2002 3:50:52 PM Pacific Standard Time
>  From: <A HREF="mailto:B214cm@aol.com">B214cm@aol.com</A>
>  To: <A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
>  Sent from the Internet
>
>             George

                      I may have missed it but did you get any replies to
this quierie? I think a Renner blue, or Ronsen would be a fine choice
depending what your voicing style, experience and voicing  preference is.
    Baldwin actions are set up kinda squirrly so I'd want to do some
preliminary action anylisis to see how good the leverage is. Generally a 1
7/8 blow distance with shallowish dip.  A 9 ft. will probably benifit
tonally from heavier strike/hammer weight. Experiment and see.
    I suspect th Renners were inapropriately handled by a novice voicer. I
doubt the hammers at fault.
     The Ronsen will probably need a little light weight juicing and probably
not much needling. The Renner generally needs a fair bit of needle work.
Either way you can get there.
  Hope that helps
      Dale Erwin