OT vs. NPR

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Mon, 09 Dec 2002 20:59:40 -0800

Hey Bill,

thanks for pointing out that there is at least 2 conservatves to be heard on
NPR...what a shock!!! I'll have to check it out; after I've finished
watching my daily dose of the Fox News Channel, that is!

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: Bill Ballard <yardbird@vermontel.net>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: OT vs. NPR
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 21:22:21 -0500

At 5:08 PM -0800 12/9/02, pianolover 88 wrote:
>As for changing the already concice and easily recognized "OT" , to "NPR"
>my vote is, what's the point?? Unless someone is trying to subliminally
>promote N(ational) P(ublic) R(adio), the most ultra Liberal slanted media
>outlet on the planet, let's please keep OFF TOPIC stuff designated OT as it
>has been, NOT "NPR". My 6 cents.

Your 6¢ and I'll rise ya two. How about we put that "OT" up front and to the
left of these subject lines. It won't make a difference to a filter's
operations, but it'll be alot easier for a human being to spot, not being
embedded in the middle of a bunch "Re:"s and "Was"s.

You know Terry, NPR has lots of wonderful programming. Why my own local
station has a Pat Buchanan live call-in show for two hours every afternoon.
There's Phyllis Schlaffley's movie revues for that vast silent majority
seeking entertainment with character building and family values. There's
even a Friday evening panel discussion by the local militia cadre. Sorry
you're from California and have such a narrow view of NPR. (Quit honking,
I'm reloading.)

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"A jester unemployed is nobody's fool."
     ...........Danny Kaye, in "The Court Jester"