DC "Smart Heater Bar"

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 17:53:11 +0100

Thanks, for answering.

Yes the question about the scrub is yet open, the 2 systems mounted
with them, have the pads becoming scrubby and probably less efficient
in a few months (3-4 months actually), and , as the customers are of
the keen ones (of course they are , as they have a DC in their pianos)
they noticed that new pads where necessary more often that what I've
told them.

What I don't really get is if the "pad"s light blink when the pads are
dirty with the deposit, then if I relate that to the other problem I
suspect (too much warmness near  the controller when the lights are
on), that would mean :
1 ° The scrub develop too fast so the pads are less efficient
2° Then the pads light is on always
3° the warmness of the power + pads wire lights tend to give the
controller an optimistic idea of the humidity.
4° When humidity if too high it is then less corrected by the rods.

That makes a lot of supposed problems due to initially ameliorations
of the product.
As often in these kind of evolutions, there are some possible
drawbacks, I hope the problem is not as a catastrophic scenario as I
write there, but that is understandable that the 3 lights together
induce a warming of the wiring (in Watts how much ?)anyway UNDER OUR
220 v 60 Hz A.C. that is the case (the box was almost as warm as a low
wattage rod on the wire side)

May I suggest that the controllers be calibrated after they have been
on for sometime, and in a somewhat close environment as under a
soundboard. How are they calibrated actually ? When I first plug the
system it always work fine and react with an acceptable tolerance in
H.R. from what I've seen yet.

Is there a transformer, or some thyrstor (resistances) in the
controller ?

Thanks for your help

I've find another lack of security in the kind of plugs used (3 pins
computer type) as sometime the contact is not perfect with this
plugging, while I can't see why.

That's all for my (hopefully constructive) comments. For sure I'd like
a window in the tank to see the water level, and a customer is
dreaming of :
A rack that can be moved out of the piano (terrific for concert
stages)
An automation for the water (this is more complicated I guess as it
involves a pump servo serviced).

I wish to order a partial system too, and will check again with my
retailer.

Thanks for your help.

With bets Regards.

Isaac OLEG