10mm = 1 3/4 inch blow

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 19:52:01 -0600

I referred to
> in that note [Baldwin SD-10] actually had a pretty good action
ratio. A 10 mm
> dip would produce a blow of only 1-3/4". >
> We do service a 40's Baldwin L  that regulates to 9.5 mm x
1-7/8".
> Bob

If you wanted a 1-7/8 blow from the 10 mm dip, how far would have
to move the capstan and which way I assume towards the back check.
What I am getting at is there a chart what will show for every mm
the capstan is moved the hammer will go up x mm ?  Does anyone
have a formula I can plug into my spread sheet?    ---rm