OT - MARKETING/ENGINEERING BUZZ WORDS TRANSLATED

Brian Lawson lawsonic@bdmail.co.za
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:33:04 +0200

    NEW - Different color from previous design

    ALL NEW - Parts not interchangeable with previous design

    EXCLUSIVE - Imported product

    UNMATCHED - Almost as good as the competition

    DESIGNED SIMPLICITY - Manufacturer's cost cut to the bone

    FOOLPROOF OPERATION - No provision for adjustments

    ADVANCED DESIGN - The advertising agency doesn't understand it

    IT'S HERE AT LAST! - Rush job; Nobody knew it was coming

    FIELD-TESTED - Manufacturer lacks test equipment

    HIGH ACCURACY - Unit on which all parts fit

    DIRECT SALES ONLY - Factory had big argument with distributor

    YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT - We finally got one that works

    REVOLUTIONARY - It's different from our competitors

    BREAKTHROUGH - We finally figured out a way to sell it

    FUTURISTIC - No other reason why it looks the way it does

    DISTINCTIVE - A different shape and color than the others

    MAINTENANCE-FREE - Impossible to fix

    RE-DESIGNED - Previous faults corrected, we hope.

    HAND-CRAFTED - Assembly machines operated without gloves on

    PERFORMANCE PROVEN - Will operate through the warranty period

    MEETS ALL STANDARDS - Ours, not yours

    ALL SOLID-STATE - Heavier than Lead!

    BROADCAST QUALITY - Gives a picture and produces noise

    HIGH RELIABILITY - We made it work long enough to ship it

    NEW GENERATION - Old design failed, maybe this one will work

    CUSTOMER SERVICE ACROSS THE COUNTRY - You can return it from most
      airports

    UNPRECEDENTED PERFORMANCE - Nothing we ever had before worked
      THIS way

    BUILT TO PRECISION TOLERANCES - We finally got it to fit together

    SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Manufacturer's, upon cashing your check

Brian