Brass Rail Replacements/Schaff/annealing

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 17:57:57 -0800

Silver solder melts at a very low temperature. Annealing requires very high
temperatures to be effective. Therefore, if the rail is not INTACT before
annealing, no amount of silversolder is going to do one damned bit of good.
Just my opinion. My feeling is just get a replacement from Schaff, do the
necessary fitting and be done with it. Another thought: No one has been able
to tell me how long re-annealing will last, therefore, I don't trust it.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)