Broadwood Christening Tommorrow

Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:41:51 +0100

Hey there  Joe, and others who might remember this project of mine.

The old 1824 Broadwood square we were given last year is finnally up and
running and will be officially put on line as an instrument of the Grieg
Conservatory of Music here in Bergen. Just after Christmas I will be
able to give you pictures of the restored instrument, along with a full
description of what I did, and didnt do.

Roger, you may remember Odd Aanstad (who gave the historical instruments
lecture) said these strings (Pure Sound) would sound better with time.
They have really started to blossom, and I have managed to find a decent
enough voicing for these origional hammers and what was left of their
felt. Actually sounds really quite pleasing, tho I am going to talk the
UiB into putting out for a refelting job next year.

Anywas... Tommorrow there will be a small concert given at the year end
gathering for all students and faculty of the UiB. Nils Henrick Jansen,
RPT and NPTF president will be on hand as the guest of honor for
donating this old lady to us.

Thanks Joe, for your advice and help earlier on. You are indeed a
wonderfull "Knupp" as they say here ! Pictures and hopefully a recording
will be made available just after the holidays

Cheers !

RicB

--
Richard Brekne