Yamaha tracker bar pivot bushing

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:51:57 -0500

I've got a Yamaha C7 (ca '85) whose sostenuto tracker lever is
scraping against the U.C. shift lever because the nylon bushing for
tracker lever's pivot pin is bunged out, allowing the lever to wander
over into contact with the shift lever. According to Yahama this
piano doesn't exist <wink>.

Does anyone know of the suitable plastic for which I should try to
find the right size tubing. Or should I simply plug with maple, and
re-drill for a direct wooden hole for the pivot.

There are some C7s around which "do exist" but I would have to stop
by to confirm that they used this same style pivot bushing. (Hey, I
didn't suggest anything dishonest, it was you who was thinking it....)

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Garth, Take me!"
"Where? I'm low on gas and you need a jacket"
     ...........Kim Bassinger and Dana Carvey in "Wayne's World 2"