People -- Best Part of the Business

Dave Davis davistunes@yahoo.com
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 08:17:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,
I'm a newbie who took the Randy Potter course about a
year ago (no, I haven't received feedback or a
diploma, either).

One of the early customers I gave a beginning tuning
for commented that the last guy had only been there
for about 45 minutes. I remember thinking to myself
"gee, you're really gonna like me because I'll be at
least 2 hours!". I'm pretty sure my tuning wasn't as
good, but I fixed the damper pedal that didn't work
and enjoyed visiting with them. They were satisfied
and have referred others to me.

I agree with Allen that meeting the customers and
making the piano play and sound better is a wonderful
part of the business.  I include 10-15 minutes in my
appointment just in case the customer is chatty.  If
there is no chatting, I use the time to make the piano
a better instrument.

Dave Davis
Assoc. PTG
Renton, WA