teflon flange & bushing??

Phil Bondi tito@philbondi.com
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 11:26:23 -0500

> But I wonder if an ABS shanks would be flexible
> enough to withstand the force of a hammer hitting a string?

..Wim, the beauty of ABS is it is flexible as far as its composite make-up.
ABS is a 'brand name'. The product, or the application its used for, is very
flexible.

To answer your question, it's as strong as you want it to be, depending on
the additives that are added to the extrusion process of the plastic itself.

Wim, don't think ABS=cheap plastic..quite the contrary.

Former Plastics Engineering Technician,

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
tito@philbondi.com